JOB TITLE: Tradeshow Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Tradeshow Manager
This position reports to as well as works closely with the Tradeshow Manager in order to support the organization and execution of logistics for each event on the company trade show schedule. The Tradeshow Coordinator will also provide support in marketing and promotions as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
(Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assignment which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the below)
- Assist Tradeshow Manager and Marketing team with planning and execution of tradeshows and events; including, but not limited to scheduling booth properties, attendee badge registrations, housing requirements, collateral, equipment shipping, etc. for multiple trade shows simultaneously.
- Monitor and maintain tracking list of actions, deliverables and deadlines as well as ensure on-time completion of tasks which roll up into overall event plan.
- Create and maintain project files for each show.
- Maintain tradeshow calendar via Outlook and website event calendar, which requires frequent updates.
- Prepare reports for Tradeshow Manager and Marketing group regarding status, budget and return on investment for projects and events.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure department goals and timelines are achieved.
- Administrative support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, meet deadlines and follow-up in a timely manner through excellent organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate well with different levels of the organization, work cooperatively with customers, sales representatives, quality, product development, production, and marketing teams.
- Good communication, grammar, as well as the ability to express ideas in a concise and clear manner.
- Must be able to analyze problems and assist with ideas to create solutions, process information from a variety of sources, grasp new concepts, approaches or systems and organize information logically and identify strategies to increase revenues through marketing programs.
- Must represent the company with a high level of professionalism.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented with ability to work independently.
- Must be proficient in standard Microsoft applications, with excellent skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Applicants must have education, training and/or experience demonstrating competence in each of the following areas:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business/Marketing/Communications) or comparable work experience
- 1 – 2 years of experience in marketing support and/or tradeshow/event coordination.
- Individual must be PC literate and have the aptitude to learn operation of other computer systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, with excellent skills in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Must have strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- **Candidates must be local to the DFW area
The scheduled hours are 40 per week Monday through Friday but may be extended as required to execute the tasks assigned. This position requires minimal to no travel.
Interested applicants can submit their resumes to Careers@thermi.com