Searching for a job?
Submit your resume to be posted! Make sure to include your goal and desired position, as well as LinkedIn profile URL.
Email email@example.com for assistance or to post a resume or position.
Resume Title:Parnia Safavi
Desired Job Title:Director
The Colony, TX 75056
Accomplished Medical Technologist and skilled laboratory leader with great problem-solving abilities. Professional in regulatory affairs, process improvement, quality management, safety, and project management. A proven track record of managing daily operations in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Negotiating vendor contracts Customer Service
Policy and program development Budget administration
Quality and performance improvement Strategic planning
Procedure assessment Core measure Compliance
Regulatory compliance Project Management
Soft Skills Workflow assessment
Medical City, Las Colinas 2008 - 2018
Laboratory Director (2015 - 2018)
- Achieved a high performing laboratory by staying under budget and being proficient in Kronos, Lawson, Taleo, PLUS, Procurement, SMART and Meditech.
- Served as a liaison between clients and the laboratory and achieved excellent turnaround times results.
- Reviewed daily operation reports and made changes to the staffing needs and stayed at 105% productivity goals.
- Performed validation, linearity and reportable range studies to ensure all the quality requirements are met by regulatory organizations.
- Monitored customer complaint and patient care issues resolution and improved HCAPS score by 25%.
- Negotiated new instrument pricing, reagent pricing, and vendor contracts and cut cost by 15%, while ensuring the continuation and enhancement of services.
- Investigated, selected and implemented laboratory instruments to obtain an accurate, high and efficient output.
- Lead inpatient and outpatient clinical functions. Improved outpatient satisfaction scores from the 30th percentile to 80th.
- Compiled and reviewed billing, ancillary fees, and service contracts. Recovered 150,000 dollars from ancillary charge reviews in 2017.
- Enforced and ensured staff compliance with policies, State regulations, and accreditation standards by performing competency and providing feedback via one on one communication while creating an atmosphere of sincere enthusiasm in the workplace. The laboratory scored100 % on improving quality on employee engagement survey compared to prior year.
- Developed resource management recommendations, assess project effects on resources, and provide high-level support to address complex resource problems and issues that require specialized technical or regulatory knowledge.
Point Of Care Coordinator – Generalist and Safety officer (2008 – 2015)
- Oversaw all point of care testing (e.g., blood gases), monitoring and maintaining equipment to ensure that all quality assurance deliverables were met.
- Audited and closely monitored all incident reports, quality control reports and any other concerns, identified and precluded risks of testing failures and reduced incident reports by 80%.
- Reviewed and revised policies and procedures for ensuring that the facility complies with all regulations imposed by the government and any other accrediting bodies and passed CAP with no deficiencies.
- Trained all nursing staff on all Point of Care instruments: Such as i-STAT, EPOC, Medtronic HMS; Hemochron Signature Junior; Avoximeter; Clinitek Status; Accucheck inform and conducted and monitored the interface to laboratory information system to assure the accuracy of results.
- Passed C.A.P with no deficiency in 3 consecutive inspections.
- C.A.P inspection team member.
- In charge of reviewing all peer group data and validation studies for Chemistry and Hematology.
Baylor Regional Medical Center
Chemistry Supervisor 2006-2008
- Performed high complexity clinical lab testing on patient specimens, such as TDM and Tumor Markers.
- Adhered to quality control policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Delivered patient results in an accurate and timely manner.
- Resolved problems and improved performance by performing daily result review.
- Performed routine procedural calibrations and maintenance to assure accuracy.
- Scheduled and managed instrument validation and correlation studies.
- Recognized Gold Standard Diagnostics instrumentation and protocols.
- Trained new employees, ensuring quality and commitment.
Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas
Chemistry Lead Tech 2001 to 2006
- Reviewed the Quality Control in the chemistry and other areas for compliance.
- Provided technical support and training.
- Performed tests on instruments such as Integra 800, Access, D-10, TEG, Sysmex, Stago, Beckman Coulter hematology instruments, Vitros 950 and 250, AxSym, TDX, IMX, Advance IL coagulation instruments.
- Performed validation studies.
- Evaluated processes and outcomes to identify various system problems.
Bachelor of Science, Medical Technology,
North Texas State University, and Tarleton State University
American Society for Clinical Pathologist (ASCP)
Basic Life Support
Volunteer activities: Laboratory Director at EMS Coppell since 2017.
Contact Information: Parnia Safavi
The Colony, TX 75056, United States