Location: Dallas, TX
Travel: Limited to location; Travel to other locations might be required.
Job Title: Research Associate/Technician
Position Type: Full time position, project based, performing major field trials for a research study for a long-lasting antimicrobial coating in a hospital setting.
Allied Bioscience with operations in Dallas TX, Tucson AZ, Point Robert WA, is a biomedical company that has developed several long acting, transparent antimicrobial surface coatings. These coatings are being documented to reduce the presence of pathogens on hard and soft surfaces within a hospital setting. ABS coatings support environmental risk management in hospitals and health care facilities, cruise lines, in the transit sector, in the hospitality sector, and in other public areas where people interact daily.
ABS has enlisted the help of some of America’s leading scientific minds in the fields of chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology and material sciences to help formulate an effective and long-lasting surface coating that today is known as SurfaceWise™.
Associate / Technician, Job Description:
We are seeking independent individuals with intellectual curiosity, the drive to think strategically, with the ability to lead efforts to deploy our antimicrobial surface coating technology in medical settings during the course of the study period.
Technicians will operate in coordinated teams in hospitals in accordance with study protocols and will be responsible for preparing surfaces for and the application of a new environmental surface coatings from Allied BioScience™. After training, Technicians will demonstrate a high level of competence in both the theory and application of ABS technology. Technicians will at all times maintain a professional bearing, superior work ethic, demonstrate superior communication skills both internally and externally. Professionalism is expected in all interactions and while performing duties.
The candidate will be a strategic member of our research team and will be directly involved in validation and translational research. ABS strongly encourages publication of key research findings in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals.
This person must have the ability to:
- Follow strict scientific protocols in collaboration with the team, to assist the supervisor with tasks and ensuring that all activities are completed per guidelines
- Provide daily updates of required duties to direct reports
- Assist in Best Practice/Process Improvement Initiatives
- Ensure adherence to department standards, policies and procedures.
- Physical requirements: push, pull and lift 50-100lbs.
- Will be required to perform technician roles on location (moderate to strenuous physical activity). This includes and is not limited to surface preparation and treatment with Allied BioScience Formulations.
- Be able to work quickly and efficiently, while being meticulous and maintaining strong attention to detail.
Successful candidate will:
- Participate in proper orientation, training and on-going education to ensure precise preparation.
- Motivate their team to ensure the team’s daily completion of their functions and responsibilities in a manner consistent with company principles.
- Assist with inspections to ensure adherence to department standards, policies and procedures and address deficiencies, performing retraining as necessary.
- Evaluate daily treatment needs to ensure that all areas are thoroughly coated.
- Collaborate with the Supervisor and Manager in revising task lists, SOPs and schedules
- Verify the satisfactory completion of client requests.
- Ensure activities are performed in a manner that promotes the safety and well-being of our Partners and employees.
- Prioritize work and change priorities as needed, acting with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Complete applicable paperwork / computer entry in a timely fashion.
- Will be required to work various days and hours: e.g. day, evening or night shift, weekday and or weekends.
- Contribute to strategic planning and achievement of Allied Bioscience’s Mission and Vision by taking leadership of projects that impact multiple teams within the department
- Other duties as assigned
Allied Bioscience is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.
- Experience in an industrial lab setting strongly preferred but not required. Undergraduate degree and/or experience in biology or related field a plus.
- Strong organizational skills including: multi-tasking, adhering to established quality procedures and practices, and prioritizing projects with minimal guidance
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), an ability to interact with all levels of management, medical, technical and scientific personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Some travel required
This is an opportunity to work in a fast growing, biomedical research company and assume great responsibility. Technicians will have the chance to work in multiple functions and apply a variety of business skills. We are offering an attractive compensation package including base salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits.
Military Veterans Encouraged to Apply
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.