Looking to fill a position?
Send an overview of your open position and we will post and link it back to your career center. Free for all bionorthTX members. Posting of non-member company positions is $150 for a 3-month listing.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or to post a resume or position.
Provide scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers on Thermo Fisher Scientific’s sample preparation products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. Partners with sales reps in the field to deliver sample preparation pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. Acts as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences
- Generate and record opportunities related to the Thermo Fisher Scientific workflow including Service contracts.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Acquire and maintain theoretical and practical knowledge of real-time PCR and digital PCR applications/workflows.
- Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a BA or BS in Biology, MicroBiology, BioChemistry or related scientific field. Masters or PhD strongly preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 3+ years of laboratory or related work experience.
- Hands-on experience of real-time PCR on market-leading platforms is essential. 1+ year of working with Life Technologies/Applied Biosystems real-time PCR instruments preferred.
- Experience in presenting technical materials in written and verbal form is critical. Experience in a customer-facing role and/or providing technical and scientific presentations to a variety of audiences is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Is able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Capable of working independently. Is self-motivated and proactive.
- Demonstrates clear and concise communications and is capable of interacting with a diverse population of internal and external contacts.
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Typically works remotely from home office.
- Travel may range from 50% to 75%.
- Responsible to effectively manage schedule and negotiate scheduling conflicts
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Most duties are performed at field locations which may require walking within customer facilities, standing while giving presentations or conducting meetings and sitting to complete reports and sales calls.
- Demonstrations may require moving equipment and manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Significant experience in a marketing role/product management, life sciences preferred
Click here for additional details and link to apply.
Manager, Medical Affairs/ Medical Communications
Location: Irving, TX
Our client is seeking an experienced full-time Medical Affairs manager to work in functional areas of scientific publications, medical information and conference support. Desired skills include strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to adapt and build scientific expertise in new therapeutic areas, organization with attention to detail. Required to understand and implement client procedures and quality standards.
- Develop content and/or oversee review of scientific materials alongside cross-functional team.
- Ensure writing is of high scientific and literary standards and meets objectives.
- Familiarize with literature in specific therapeutic areas to allow effective writing.
- Incorporate editorial comments and resolve queries after review process.
- Engage Key Opinion Leaders and clinical trial investigators who partner with the client to author publications.
- Maintain database of peer reviewed publications, meeting abstracts, posters and presentations
- Work includes:
- Medical Education materials (Advisory Boards, Speaker Programs, Slide Decks, etc.)
- Abstracts and articles
- Multimedia projects
- Speaker training materials
- Slide kits /Slide presentations
- Support management of medical information.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of medical information support materials.
- Communicate appropriate, quality and timely responses to requests for medical information when needed.
- Represent Company by actively attending and/or participating in medical congress, conferences and presentations.
- Attend scientific conferences to provide medical support and to staff medical information booth as assigned.
- Assist with the global congress plan, incorporating Arena attendee logistics, engagement plans, scientific presentations, booth content and coverage, scientific/competitive intelligence and congress summaries.
- Develop post-conference reports for internal stakeholders.
PhD degree highly preferred and the ability to travel as needed (approximately 10-20%).
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume/CV to email@example.com.
Manager, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Operations
UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Take advantage of this opportunity to join UT Southwestern Medical Center – ranked one of the “Best Places to Work” by the Dallas Business Journal. Due to our continued growth, UT Southwestern Medical Center is seeking a Manager of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Operations.
- Lead the establishment and execution of laboratory processes (including upstream process, harvest, and chromatography-based purification) for the production of AAV vector products to supply material for pre-clinical and clinical studies.
- Author technical reports, tech transfer documents, and prepare scientific presentations as needed; write/revise SOPs as needed.
- Compliance with U.S. FDA Regulation 21CFR Part 210, 211, and 820 as well as ISO 13485. Keep current with FDA Regulations, procedures, and policies as necessary.
- Coordinate internal production requirements and prioritization.
- Regularly interface with internal program leads to assess and forecast material supply requirements, coordinate operations schedule in order to supply material in a timely fashion.
- Communicate production schedule and priority to internal stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Identify further opportunities for optimizing process.
- Mentor others and lead lab activities to troubleshoot process with scientists in the lab.
- Generate, manage, evaluate, and maintain critical data in a highly organized manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Immunology, Virology, (Bio)Chemical engineering or related field with 8+ years, MS with 6+ years, or a Ph.D. with 2+ years of cGMP operations, relevant academic and pharmaceutical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, are acceptable.
- Experience and expertise in the cGMP manufacturing, preferably biological material. Preferably, familiarity with multiple lab-scale upstream process platforms for cultivating mammalian cells and producing viral products in a high paced, high throughput environment.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://jobs.utsouthwestern.edu/pracgmp
About UT Southwestern Medical Center:
UT Southwestern Medical Center ranks among the top academic medical centers with more active Nobel Prize winners than any other medical school in the world. As a premier educational, clinical and research institution, UT Southwestern is home to more than 2,000 distinguished scientists, physicians and allied health professionals. Our University Hospital has achieved Magnet Recognition® by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), joining only 7% of hospitals in the United States.
UT Southwestern is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.