- This event has passed.
ASN Kidney Week 2015
November 3, 2015 @ 7:00 AM - November 8, 2015 @ 4:30 PM
“Found in Translation: Connecting Research and Patient Care.”
This theme honors the commitment and dedication of kidney health professionals worldwide who focus time and expertise to advance the lives of millions of people with kidney disease.
World-renowned scientific leaders will highlight recent advances in medicine in the daily State-of-the-Art Lectures. This year’s speakers are:
- Christopher J.L. Murray, MD, DPhil, University of Washington, who will address “Measuring the Global Burden of Kidney Disease to Improve Public Health”
- Helen H. Hobbs, MD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, who will discuss “Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease: Getting to the Heart of the Matter”
- Gerald I. Shulman, MD, PhD, Yale University, who will present “Cellular Mechanisms of Insulin Resistance: Implications for Obesity, Diabetes, and Metabolic Syndrome”
- Donald E. Ingber, MD, PhD, Harvard Medical School, Boston Children’s Hospital, who will discuss “Human Organs on Chips”
Other key presentations at this year’s meeting include the Christopher R. Blagg Endowed Lectureship in Renal Disease and Public Policy; the Barry M. Brenner Endowed Lectureship on “Novel Therapy for Diabetes Insipidus” by Jeff Sands, MD, FASN; the Jack W. Coburn Endowed Lectureship on “Approaches to Reduce FGF23 Levels in CKD Patients” by Isidro Salusky, MD, FASN; the Robert W. Schrier Endowed Lectureship on “Adaptive Trial Design for AKI Interventional Studies” by Ravi Thadhani; and the Michelle P. Winn Endowed Lectureship on “Genomics of FSGS” by Corinne Antignac, MD, PhD.
The ASN Program Committee and Postgraduate Education Committee, chaired by Patrick Nachman, MD, FASN, have developed an exciting program that includes Basic and Clinical Science Sessions, Clinical Practice Sessions, Translational Sessions, and much more. You can look forward to outstanding Early Programs on engineering genomes, curing kidney disease, and women’s renal health.
- November 3, 2015 @ 7:00 AM
- November 8, 2015 @ 4:30 PM
- American Society for Nephrology
- San Diego Convention Center
111 West Harbor Drive,
San Diego, CA 92101 United States + Google Map