Job Title: Contracts Manager
Position Code: 20017103
Location: Peloton Therapeutics, Inc.; Dallas, TX
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Career Level: 5+ Years
Date Needed By: Immediately
Job Type: Full-time
Travel: Less than 10 percent
Peloton is dedicated to developing first-in-class, highly effective medicines for life-threatening diseases by leveraging great science, talented employees, and productive collaborations. We are seeking high-caliber individuals to join our growing team and contribute to our culture of collaboration, innovation, excellence, and shared sense of purpose. If you are passionate about improving patient outcomes, are driven to be the best at what you do, and are ready to make a positive impact, we invite you to apply to join our team. We offer an attractive compensation package including company ownership, competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and the opportunity to be part of a dynamic biotech environment.
Peloton is currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Contracts Manager who excels in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, drafting, reviewing, editing, tracking and negotiating third-party agreements for a variety of business matters and transactions.
This position will be based at Peloton’s headquarters in Dallas.
- Prepare, negotiate, and manage agreements and other documents in support of research and development activities, including clinical trials, manufacturing and drug supply
- Draft and negotiate confidentiality agreements, consulting and services agreements, statements of work, material transfer agreements, collaboration agreements, license agreements and various vendor services agreements in support of company initiatives, including as appropriate in collaboration with outside attorneys
- Support business development transaction activities (e.g., in- and out-licensing and collaboration transactions) from time to time, including due diligence support
- Research and recommend contract policies and procedures, and maintain strong understanding of industry best practices and current developments in contract management
- Provide input regarding business risk in the generation of favorable terms in compliance with corporate polices (legal, regulatory, procurement, financial)
- Ensure regular, timely and thorough communication with all internal parties throughout the document review process
- Utilize contract management software to effectively support contract lifecycle management
- Work without close supervision, initiate new assignments and identify ways to continuously improve templates, processes and operations
- Prepare management reports regarding contract status, compliance, modifications, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA, JD, Paralegal or equivalent experience is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in legal and/or contract management and administration; pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare experience preferred
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating a wide range of agreements, including those related to clinical trials, manufacturing, and drug supply
- Excellent verbal, written, and relationship management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills with a meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task amid evolving priorities
- Ability to maintain and properly handle highly confidential information
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, experience administering contract management or other database software a plus
Hires Needed: 1
Wage Amount: Based on Experience
Company Contact: email@example.com
Notice to Recruiters:
Peloton Therapeutics’ Human Resources Department manages the recruitment and employment process for the company, and all candidates must be presented through this Department according to Peloton’s vendor policies. If your agency wishes to establish a relationship with Peloton Therapeutics, you must work directly with the Human Resources Department. Contacting our hiring managers or employees directly is not appropriate. For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For the protection of all parties involved, Peloton will only accept resumes from recruiters if an executed agreement is in place at the start of the recruitment effort. Unsolicited resumes sent to Peloton from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Peloton and do not obligate Peloton to pay fees should we hire from those resumes.