AxoGen (AXGN) is a global leader in innovative surgical solutions for peripheral nerve injuries. AxoGen is focused on the science, development and commercialization of technologies for peripheral nerve regeneration and repair. Peripheral nerves provide the pathways for both motor and sensory signals throughout the body. Every day, people suffer traumatic injuries or undergo surgical procedures that impact the function of their peripheral nerves. Damage to a peripheral nerve can result in the loss of muscle or organ function, the loss of sensory feeling or the initiation of pain. Injuries to peripheral nerves can significantly impact the patient’s quality of life.
AxoGen’s portfolio of products includes Avance® Nerve Graft, an off-the-shelf processed human nerve allograft for bridging severed nerves without the comorbidities associated with a second surgical site, AxoGuard® Nerve Connector, a porcine submucosa extracellular matrix (“ECM”) coaptation aid for tensionless repair of severed nerves, AxoGuard® Nerve Protector, a porcine submucosa ECM product used to wrap and protect injured peripheral nerves and reinforce the nerve reconstruction while preventing soft tissue attachments and Avive™ Soft Tissue Membrane, a minimally processed human umbilical cord membrane that may be used as a soft tissue covering to reduce inflammation and scar tissue formation. Along with these core surgical products, AxoGen also offers AxoTouch™ Two-Point Discriminator and AcroValTM Neurosensory & Motor Testing System. These evaluation and measurement tools assist healthcare professionals in detecting changes in sensation, assessing return of sensory, grip and pinch function, evaluating effective treatment interventions, and providing feedback to patients on nerve function. The AxoGen portfolio of products is available in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and several European and international countries.
AxoGen maintains its corporate offices in Alachua, Florida.
AxoGen provides a great work environment that includes a fast-paced innovative team with a strong commitment to restoring quality of life to patients with nerve injuries
The Distribution Supervisor will manage the distribution operation including the labeling, storage and shipping of all AxoGen products which includes medical devices and human tissue products.
Educational Requirements / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years’ experience in supply chain/distribution management
· At least 1 year of supervisory experience
· Experience in medical device distribution or manufacturing, or similar experience in a regulated industry is preferred
· Experience using, implementing, and maintaining warehouse management systems
· International distribution experience a plus
· Proven track record for driving continuous improvement
· Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, and meet strict deadlines
· Provide strategic thinking on ways to improve the operation
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively at multiple levels with Customer Care and other departments to support customer requirements
· Proficient knowledge of personal computers and applications such as Microsoft Office.
· Work schedule will be 2nd shift, occasion weekend work and performing a rotating on-call function.
The specific duties of the Distribution Supervisor include but are not limited to:
Responsible for the safety, quality, delivery and productivity of the department on a day to day basis. Ensures a safe working environment and compliance to all OSHA requirements. Complies with all FDA and AATB regulations as well as AxoGen’s quality system with regard to the storage and distribution of medical devices as well as human tissue products. Manages the daily operations focused on ensuring customer satisfaction including working hands on during peak shipping intervals. Ensures inventory accuracy is maintained
Physical Requirements & Environmental Condition:
· Requires frequent standing, walking, carrying, bending, stooping, grasping, and reaching.
· Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds on a regular basis and occasionally up to 60 pounds.
· Manual dexterity required to grasp objects utilizing hand/finger coordination.
· Facility controlled by HVAC. Product stored in individual subzero freezers (-80C) and requires the wearing of gloves for PPE.
Interested candidates can click here to apply online.